All times are UTC

Post subject: Custom Marine Chapter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 am 

Well first things first, Hi im Vermillion. I mainly play Space Marines, but with the new rules im looking into possibly having an ally regiment of Guard and a seperate Dark Angels Army.

The main Reason im making this topic is i would like some help naming and possibly writing some fluff for my chapter.
They are a mish mash of various chapter born marines, either abandoned, pressumed dead or deserters of their home chapters and they are brought together by the collective need to redeem themsekves in the eyes of the emperor, as such they travel the universe purging the chaos taint and are currently on course with the Eye of Terror itself (if i organise my army in the next two weeks there is an Eye of Terroro Campaign at my local GW)

What i was hoping for was maybe some feedback on my concept, and some helping naming the chapter or/and even helping to expand the chapter lore :)

Ill post some pictures at some point too

Post subject: Re: Custom Marine Chapter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:03 pm 

Hi Vermillion, welcome to the forums bud!

Hmm, a synonym for deserted is 'desolate' so 'The Desolate' or something like that could have a good ring to it. Forsaken and abandoned have already been covered with their own troops in 40k :).

What colour scheme are you going for? Even if they're a mishmash something to mark them as all of the same chapter will help keep them cohesive.

A very good way to do the above, as well as something on the models, a shoulder pad etc is with basing, what're you doing your bases like? I use The Army Painter's Tufts quite a lot on my guys to pull them together and also to set them apart form other armies. It's what I used on my Necrons recently.

Byron

Post subject: Re: Custom Marine Chapter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm 

At the moment they are all being painted and based for city fighting (razor wire rubble etc) i am painting them all as one colour scheme but some models will still have their original chapter shoulder pads (ill get these from freinds bits boxes or conversion packs or of coure by hand painting/modelling them)

the Colour scheme is Mainly scorched brown and adeptus battle grey, with all fabrics being painted adeptus battle grey on the outside with a top coat of the Astrogranite Textured paint (scout sniper camo cloaks) and the interior of the fabrics Dark Angels Green. (scout fabric armour, legs etc, have been painted with a mix of kommando khaki and snot green to create a pale green colour to tie in with the rest of the army fabrics)

i am also going to buying some conversion bits from maxmini in order to make my chapter even more unique. :)